Field Application Engineer for Embedded Security IP Products – North America
We are looking for an experienced Field Application Engineering for the Embedded Security Products, based in the Bay Area in our San Jose office:
Founded in 1991, Silex Insight is a recognized market-leading independent supplier of two offerings; One is Security IP solutions for embedded systems, while the other offering is custom OEM solutions for AV over IP and video IP codec. The security platforms and solutions from Silex Insight include flexible and high-performance crypto-engines, which are easy to integrate and a eSecure IP module which provides a complete security solution for all platforms. For custom OEM solutions for AV over IP and video IP codec, Silex Insight provides high-end image and video compression solutions for distributing low latency, 4K HDR video over IP. Development and manufacturing take place at the headquarters in Louvain-la-Neuve, Belgium and in Ghent, Belgium. Field sales offices in the US, Korea, Japan, China, and Israel.
What you will be doing:
- Key contact to customers for pre-sales and post-sales technical support.
- Lead pre-sales technical discussion to determine the technical fit between customer’s requirement and Silex Insight’s product specifications.
- Lead post-sales technical discussions to assist customers with integration and successful tape out of SoC or FPGA.
- Engage customers and develop a keen understanding of their challenges, objectives, and technical needs – and help to define highly valued solutions that meet these needs
- Be the trusted technical advisor for our customers
- Provide onsite support or online support to guide our customers through hardware and firmware integration
- Establish trusted relationships and communication channels with internal teams
- Work closely with the development team to improve product features or ease of use; may make small customizations to IP (with support of engineering) at customer request
- Responsible for technical product collateral including datasheets, integrations guides, etc. in concertation with the FAE team
What we need to see:
- You are technically capable in an area of semiconductor development, at the same time, a people-oriented professional.
- You have a master’s or bachelor’s degree with at least 5-10 years of hands-on experience in the development of semiconductor IP or SoC or FPGA. To stand out, you have experience developing hardware and software security solutions, including crypto primitives, the root of trust, and/or networking security protocols.
- Capable of working in a rapidly changing environment without losing focus
- Ability to multitask effectively in a dynamic environment
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong time-management and organization skills for coordinating multiple initiatives, priorities, and implementations of new technology and products into very complex projects
- Strong written and oral communications skills in English with the ability to effectively collaborate with management and engineering
- Traveling up to 20% in the US; international travel to headquarter 2-3 times a year.
What we offer:
- Full-time job
- A competitive compensation package.
- A challenging job in an international, innovative semiconductor IP company.
- An Innovative, thoughtful, and collaborative work environment, where career development and growth opportunities abound.