Project Manager Embedded Security (m/f)
Silex Inside, with offices in Louvain-La-Neuve and Ghent, is an innovative company specialized in IP cores and integrated solutions in the fields of embedded security and video transport over IP. Our products and related design services are used by major world semiconductor and embedded electronics manufacturers in the markets of the IoT, I2M, C2X, networking, data servers, automotive applications, video everywhere and many others.
We are currently looking for a Project Manager for the security products (m/f) to strengthen the Ghent (Flanders) or Louvain-La-Neuve engineering team.
As a Project Manager (m/f) you will be a key element of the development team. You will be in charge, based upon the customers and product manager requirements, of the definition of the architecture, the development, the validation and the verification of security IP cores and integrated solutions. You will also be responsible for the technical lead of the project, including coaching of other engineers and communication with the customer.
You will be in charge or involved for the following tasks:
- To make the technological choices and define the architecture of digital IP cores or chip subsystems in order to meet performances and cost requirements
- To drive and manage the development of digital electronic hardware / products using latest FPGA and SoC/ASIC technologies
- To manage and coach small design teams
- To manage the projects and the communication with the customers
- To provide visibility of the work on a regular basis & act like a proactive team member
- To work in a distributed & collaborative team
- To take initiative, to show creativity
- To independently specify, design, develop, prototype, test and verify , VHDL code for security solutions , following all relevant procedures
- To develop and use necessary software for testing, debugging and verification of own as well as other designs
- To collaborate in an international team of experienced software and hardware engineers
- Qualified as B.E / M.E in Electronics or Computer Science
- At least 5 year of experience in designing digital IP cores, SoCs or complex FPGA based subsystems
- Relevant experience in project management or technical lead and coaching of younger engineers
- Excellent knowledge and professional experience in HW and SW programming languages (VHDL,C/C++, ….)
- Good knowledge of MS Office tools
- Good analytical and problem solving skills
- Very good communication skills, good knowledge of spoken and written English
- Capabilities to work with an important level of autonomy
- Curiosity and eagerness to learn new things
- Knowledge and/or experience in data security and cryptography are important advantages.
- 7 years of post-degree relevant experience
- A challenging job in an international, innovative high tech company.
- A fun and informal work environment, where career development and growth opportunities abound, flexible working hours.
- An attractive salary, supplemented with a range of fringe benefits such as meal vouchers, group – and hospitality insurance, company car.
- Opportunity to grow responsibilities in a challenging technical function within a fast growing team
To apply for this function send your CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org
About Silex Inside
Silex Inside, formerly Barco Silex, is the leading provider of high-end image video and security technology. Silex Inside develops and license OEM solutions for audio/video compression and transport applications. This technology has been adopted by leading companies in the broadcast and professional AV. Silex Inside specializes also in embedded security. Combined with video transport, this ensures secure video transmission and content protection solutions.