Senior Digital Design Engineer
Silex Insight, with offices in Mont-Saint-Guibert and Ghent, is a center of excellence for embedded electronics. Our specialization is IP core development and sales for ICs and FPGA based platforms. The majority of our client applications are in the fields of embedded security and video coding.
Currently we are looking for a Senior Digital Design Engineer to be based in one of our offices in Belgium – Ghent (Flanders) / Mont-Saint-Guibert (Wallonia).
You are a key element of the project team and in charge, based upon the customer requirements, of the development, validation and verification of digital design for complex on-chip security solutions.
You will be in charge of or involved in the following tasks:
- To make the technological choices and define the architecture of digital electronics systems in order to meet performances and cost requirements
- To develop digital electronic hardware / products using latest FPGA and SoC technologies
- To independently specify, design, develop, prototype, test and verify VHDL code for digital electronics modules , following all relevant procedures.
- To develop necessary software for testing, debugging and verification of designs
- To provide visibility of the work on a regular basis & act like a proactive member
- To work in a distributed & collaborative team.
- To take initiative, to show creativity.
- To collaborate in an international team of experienced software and hardware engineers.
- Qualified as B.E / M.E in Electronics or Computer Science
- At least 5 years of experience in designing digital electronics hardware and embedded software
- Good knowledge of electronics
- Excellent knowledge and professional experience in HW and SW programming languages (VHDL,C/C++, ….)
- Good knowledge of MS Office tools
- Good analytical and problem solving skills
- Good communication skills, good knowledge of spoken and written English
- Capabilities to work with an important level of autonomy
- Curiosity and eagerness to learn new things
- Knowledge and or experience in data security and encryption.
- 10 years of post-degree relevant experience
- A challenging job in an international, innovative high tech company.
- A fun and informal work environment, where career development and growth opportunities abound, flexible working hours.
- An attractive salary, supplemented with a range of fringe benefits such as meal vouchers, company car, group – and hospitality insurance.