Senior Embedded Software Engineer – Belgium
Silex Insight, with offices in Mont-Saint-Guibert and Ghent, is a center of excellence for embedded electronics. Our specialization is IP core development and sales for ICs and FPGA based platforms. The majority of our client applications are in the fields of embedded security and video coding.
Currently we are looking for a senior embedded software development engineer to be based in one of our offices in Belgium – Ghent (Flanders) / Mont-Saint-Guibert (Wallonia).
You are a key element of the project team and in charge, based upon the customer requirements, of the development, validation and verification of embedded software for complex on-chip security solutions.
You will be in charge of or involved in the following tasks:
- To design the software architecture of embedded systems products and solutions.
- To drive and coach other project engineers on the software development process and methodology.
- To design, develop, prototype, test and verify embedded software code for various embedded processors and applications.
- To develop and use necessary software for testing, debugging and verification of own as well as other designs.
- To provide visibility of the work on a regular basis & act like a proactive member
- To work in a distributed & collaborative team.
- To take initiative, to show creativity.
- To collaborate in an international team of experienced software and hardware engineers
- Qualified as B.E / M.E in Electronics or Computer Science
- At least 5 years of experience in independently designing embedded software
- Good knowledge of embedded software development (Linux, RTOS, programming on ARM Cortex Mx or Ax)
- Excellent knowledge and professional experience in SW programming languages (C/C++, ….)
- Excellent knowledge and experience with Linux development and Real Time operating systems
- Good knowledge of MS Office tools
- Good analytical and problem solving skills
- Good communication skills, good knowledge of English, both spoken and written
- Capabilities to work with an important level of autonomy
- Curiosity and eagerness to learn new things
- Knowledge and or experience in data security and encryption.
- 10 years of post-degree relevant experience
- A challenging job in an international, innovative high tech company.
- A fun and informal work environment, where career development and growth opportunities abound, flexible working hours.
- An attractive salary, supplemented with a range of fringe benefits such as meal vouchers, company car, group – and hospitality insurance.
To Apply send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.